Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
(08-15-2023, 05:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You are assuming Trump is found guilty. In my opinion, they better win every case or their all in against Trump political persecution strategy goes down the drain. As for Joe Biden, i think the Congressional committees are just getting started with proving the FB.I., D.O.J. are weaponized. The same for Joe Biden, once an impeachment inquiry is started (get ready coming in September), the committees get more subpoena power and thus access to more information.

Do you find it ironic the indictments come after something bad happens against Joe Biden. Check out the timelines, it tells a story of changing the news cycle so the Biden evidence is never discussed on liberal media.

Jeezus WHAT "Biden evidence"? Still allegations, and ALWAYS "discussed on liberal media." So tiresome. But this shrill Benghazi style investigation is the noisy counterpoint to legal proceedings against the only president ever impeached twice, forced to pay for for publicly defaming his rape victim, and now indicted for a criminal conspiracy--an indictment based on documentary and visual media evidence. 

You can't fool all of the people all of the time, you know. 

I'm assuming that many people don't pay attention to politics. As they become more informed during the trials, they'll see that Trump has broken quite a few laws, and sought to overturn a valid election. It won't be merely "allegations" that he called the Georgia sec. of state, sent false information to 7 state legislatures, and orchestrated an attempt to send seven lists of fake electors to the 1/6 certification. We won't "find out" in trial that the CoC watched the Capitol riot for two hours and did nothing. We already know that. The people who signed those lists will also be on dock for criminal conspiracy to defraud the government, as will those who helped coordinate. That's "weaponization" of government. Trump wanted the DOJ to lie for him to throw an election. Smith has the memos and the witnesses--Trump's own people giving evidence. 

No one can be sure what a jury will say. 

But if Trump is NOT convicted of criminal conspiracy to throw an election, it will mean our legal system is helpless against a regime party and its leader, who do not represent a majority of Americans. Chances of civil war would likely increase as vengeful,  lawless Trump power increases. 

I don't think we are on the verge of a civil war, but if we are, then I am hoping the mass of Americans--including the military and police--will defend the democracy they have sworn to serve. There are unstable, Qanon Flynn types in the military, but they are in a minority. They already had one chance to support a Trump coup, and said "no thanks." 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we on the verge of a civil war? - Dill - 08-15-2023, 10:36 PM