Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(08-16-2023, 01:17 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He took one of the two expansion teams that was given a solid roster to begin with. Carolina made the super bowl during that time as well.
What he did with the Giants can't be factored into the decision that was made at that time.

Need i remind people that he was not the HC of Jax those few years prior to being interviewed by the Bengals for the HC position. HC was Doug Marrone.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/12/18/jaguars-top-executive-tom-coughlin-fired/2053894007/

Jaguars owner Shad Khan fired Tom Coughlin on Wednesday night, two days after the NFL Players Association sent a letter to the league’s players that revealed over 25 percent of the grievances filed by players have been against the Jaguars.

Well no idea if what you remember is right or wrong vs what i remember. so we'll just leave it at that.

But the Bengals were right in having some reservations about giving him control but not the type we would likely think. If you see the first half of the post you'll see that TC was not a very player friendly person. In fact any team would have been a little worried about giving him too much control. I don't think the Giants gave him that type of control either did they?

I agree they were right, just saying I read some articles to refresh my memory, and the common theme was Coughlin balked at not having that control.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-16-2023, 06:12 AM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM