Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
(08-16-2023, 02:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Why is it a surprise that the poverty States require more federal assistance?

It also shouldnt be a surprise that these are also red states when everyone hears the old Republicans lower taxes and Democrats raise taxes.. with a large portion of these people on assistance and living pay check they vote against dipping into their wallet.

As for a Civil War that won't happen. The only reason it happened the first time is because the country was young and their were military leaders on both sides. Any kind of arm civil conflict now would end up like WV coal miners vs the Pinkertons or when Victor and Cripple Creek miners rose up against the government in Colorado Springs. Neither one ended well for the miners.

I'm not convinced that the graph that was posted is showing any more or less federal assistance per citizen in any State.  The graph simply represents federal aid as a percentage of a State's total budget, meaning that higher tax States have a higher total budget and thus the federal aid represents a smaller portion of their given budget.  

And since all of the money in any government budget is all tax revenue to begin with, does it really matter if the budget is comprised of more or less federal tax dollars compared to State tax dollars?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we on the verge of a civil war? - SunsetBengal - 08-16-2023, 03:34 PM