Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Are we on the verge of a civil war?
(08-16-2023, 02:25 PM)basballguy Wrote: You know....there might be something to this.  Anytime i visit family in Tennessee (in the poorest of poor counties) it seems the general mindset is "Well that's life"  and they just assume it's all up to them to make ends meet (and it often is)...whereas we see first hand in states like california where they refuse to accept the notion of "well that's life" thus potentially being a driving factor in spending on these programs.  

Doesn't make me change how I feel about the fiscal irresponsibility of some of these states though.  :)

And in some cases people get assistance and still rail about "big government".  Like the people who found out how the gop's roll back of "Obama Care" affected them when they realized that the ACA was the really Obama care...lol.

I'm in the group that I'd rather help those who need it, but that should help them get out of needing it too.  

Our area is very poor and I mean generationally poor.  I've seen it up close and hope someday we'll turn a corner to grow back to how it was 50-60 years ago.  But the same area is now deep red when it used to be deep blue.  Many of the same people collecting the benefits are voting against the programs they use.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are we on the verge of a civil war? - GMDino - 08-16-2023, 03:56 PM