Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Starting Rotation - Is It Good Enough?
(08-16-2023, 11:49 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I think they need 2-3 guys beyond what they decide their 5-man rotation will be. Assuming Greene ® Abbott (L)  Ashcraft ® Lodolo (L) and Williamson (L). Lively as the spot starter / long relief. That is a lefty-heavy rotation but they could alternate Lively in there occasionally I guess if they wanted. But they need to cover their asses incase of injury rather than depend on AAA call ups / guys who may not be ready. Especially if they intend to contend. Could really use a righty vet like Sonny Gray, who has had success here. Or look at a guy who has good career groundball rates.

I wasn't even considering Lively because he's already 31 years old, so I thought he was some stopgap veteran.
Holy cow, he's still in Pre-Arb years!
Yea, he can be a long reliever and fill in if an injury.

I would love a good, savvy vet like Gray again, just to provide that insurance.
Then you could let Williamson and Phillips be long relievers unless/until an injury occurs.
They definitely have the leeway for the next 2-3 years to pay for someone like Gray before many of the other guys start looking for bigger deals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Starting Rotation - Is It Good Enough? - ochocincos - 08-17-2023, 10:00 AM