Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a stupid automotive question
(06-09-2015, 01:42 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Take it to someone who can run a free diagnostic.  Yeah, it's probably a half-hour labor but guessing the book will say like 2 (which is why the Dealer's charge so much more - they always get paid book whereas a mechanic might charge you his actual labor).

I had a somewhat similar issue years ago...getting my car detailed, of all places, they fixed it for me and the chip was like $10 and maybe $80 for labor.

Now if you need a whole new wiper switch (which I doubt), then you could be getting into some money.  But a good mechanic can find you a perfectly good used one.  Hell, it might just be a loose wire.

Places like Auto Zone have free diagnostic testing, right?

(I will fill this thread with my own stupid questions, by the way. But I think I just found the answer to that one. A quick search said those places will do testing if your "check engine" light is on and tell you what codes come up so you can find the problem. Of course, I have no light telling me this wiper gizmo is jacked up so I guess maybe they can't help figure out the issue. Or can they?)
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ask a stupid automotive question - xxlt - 06-09-2015, 12:58 PM
RE: Ask a stupid automotive question - xxlt - 06-09-2015, 02:06 PM