Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germany refuses to pay fair share to NATO
(08-18-2023, 08:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, I see no need for US troops in Europe. How many German troops are in the US? How many foreign troops from any country are in the US?

I won't say whether I agree or disagree. I would just say that the DoD sees them as necessary for our response to global threats against our national interests.

(08-18-2023, 08:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For the border, i would use the military to capture and or kill cartel members bringing people to our border. I would also have them build the rest of the wall to keep illegal immigrants out.

So, our personnel in European bases are active duty personnel. Active duty are unable to engage in law enforcement activities due to the Posse Comitatus Act. People like to cry foul with this claim when it comes to things like the idiots sending ARNG personnel to the border, but because Nasty Girls are under state authority they are not covered by the PCA. Active duty personnel, though, are because they are federal.

As for the border wall, the areas where we have a border wall are the areas where it works. Border walls in much of the terrain are not feasible due to environmental factors and are not effective. Physical barriers are most effective in urban areas as it slows down border crossers so that law enforcement are afforded more time for their response. In the more wild areas of the border, a wall would be costly, more prone to destruction, have a negative impact on the ecology, and would not provide an effective deterrent to crossings.

In all, our immigration crisis is not one that can be solved by border security. That's a bit of fear mongering. The immigration crisis we face is a humanitarian crisis and something we need to address with our partners in the hemisphere as well as by putting resources into our immigration system so people can be processed through more expeditiously.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Germany refuses to pay fair share to NATO - Belsnickel - 08-18-2023, 09:21 AM