Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals pass blockers ranked #2...
(08-17-2023, 01:52 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Karras and Cappa should definitely be ranked higher. That said, I don't care what they are ranked. I want them to actually come in and do their job and do it well (and for us to have some depth but maybe that isn't in the cards this year).

Around the league finding good offensive linemen is (I'm told) a problem, though some teams definitely do better than others. I don't know if that is a coaching issue or just luck but I still feel like we could be better in finding and developing players.

BTW, the other side of that is we seem to be in an era where defensive lines feast...other than ours. We have some talent but if anything I am more concerned (at this moment) about our defensive line. Remember, an offensive line is generally not rotated. If you have good starters and no one gets hurt you can do well. Defensive lines rotate and we simply have not been getting home against opposing QBs enough.

The most athletic bigs seem to find their way to the defensive line.  This starts way back in junior high, and continues into the league.  When I coached high school O-line, I was always gifted the big guys who couldn't run.  OL is an absolutely thankless position.  The best thing that can happen to an OL is if he doesn't screw up and he escapes notice.  Nobody wants to play there, unless they can't play anywhere else.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals pass blockers ranked #2... - Speedy Thomas - 08-18-2023, 11:07 AM