Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason…
I'm not gonna get too worried about the offense in the preseason. I think backup QB you really want to either hit on a draft pick or find that past starter that has accepted the backup situation and pay. Maybe Siemian fits that mold he just isn't that good. The only thing that concerns me is short yardage. Last year our play designs were terrible in that regard. Now this game 4th and 2 we let Siemian read it instead of a designed play were last year we would constantly take it out of Burrows hands with a designed play so maybe it's a sign of things to come and we'll give Burrow the ball and let him cook.

I thought the offense was better this week at least in protection and 2nd half QB play.

Side note: On the backup QB to find a former starter willing to accept a backup role. I wonder if Dalton would take that role in a year or two with a chance to get a ring? I think it would be fun to win a super bowl with him as a backup. It would really solidify his time here and add to the debate of his play level as one could say "he got a ring".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason… - NUGDUKWE - 08-19-2023, 10:10 AM