Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why doesn't the gop run better candidates?
(08-19-2023, 10:35 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't know how one effectively demands a better candidate, except for primaries that already passed. Not voting resembles handing the liberal candidate the win. And most ideological conservatives might find this to be the worse outcome still. Not that I feel that way, but I can not really fault people for going with their lesser evil, even if said lesser evil is a rididulous liar.

I blame the system, not the voter stuck with it.

From the parties and candidates, mostly. I mean, I'd guess there are many blue districts where team blue could run a toddler and still win as well. And it would be the same issue, what else to do, vote for the Trump loving alternative?

I'm a Democrat but if I see a Democrat that I know is no good I won't vote for him.

We have a local guy who has won in the past and then once he finally lost because of his behavior he kept running...and losing.  People know he's an idiot so they don't vote for him.  

Yes the system allows this to happen but in the case of Santos there is also something in the system that allows him to have been removed.  The gop refuses to do it and as a voter in that district I'd be pissed.  Unless of course its all about the R and D and not about the truth and trying to get good people into office.

And I know that I often lament that people (voters/candidates/party leaders) aren't better people and that they should be, with the full understanding that it's a pipe dream.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't the gop run better candidates? - GMDino - 08-19-2023, 10:40 AM