Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why doesn't the gop run better candidates?
(08-19-2023, 10:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't pull the "D" lever...I vote my conscince.  More voters should too, IMHO.

My conscience would allow to go for the Santos kind liar over the Trump like authoritarian. As you said, the latter's worse on most other fronts still, so I would know what outcome to prefer. 

Not to mention there's also still just ideology. You want good people in office no matter R or D, but that will not fly for many. Someone of a certain opposing ideology is just not a good candidate for most people. If one does not want liberal policies, the liberal candidate might be a wonderful and integer person, but conservatives still will prefer the policies of the conservative douchebag that runs against him. Imho understandable.

Just to be clear, that is not directed in any way against your stance. I agree in theory and in a happy world. But as far as things stand... I am willing to cut conservative voters some slack for voting their beliefs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't the gop run better candidates? - hollodero - 08-19-2023, 11:12 AM