Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rookie Impressions Week 2 Preseason 2023
Last night was interesting but kind of boring. I don't know how much positives can be taken away but I think some of the negatives are starting to show.

Myles Murphy - made a few plays chasing down running backs but looked slow on the perimeter. I don't know if this is effort, he plays with a motor but doesn't seem to follow through sometimes.

Charlie Jones - looks a little undersized but I could see him become important to the offense.

Iosivas - went from potential star to possibly not making the team. I don't know if he can make the gritty catches outside of highlight plays/drag routes. Second game with high volume, low production.

Battle - I don't see negatives? Didn't pay too much attention.

DJ Turner - Makes a LOT of plays, sometimes gets burned. This could become more pronounced in the regular season.

DJ Ivey - didn't see him play.

Jackson - don't know who this is but was impressed. Might make the team.

All in all, the QB situation made it difficult to really understand what is going on on offense. Iosivas needs to show he can make NFL catches, at this point he might be a liability in non-situational plays but could open up the offense if Burrow can get him open. It all depends on what the team is looking for in a fourth/fifth option. Jackson might honestly be the answer.

Two preseasons ago, Billy Price looked like a future all-pro. Its easier to look good in college but NFL teams know how to exploit weaknesses. I don't think a lot of the rookies have been tested yet. But Battle and Turner are making a lot of plays that I think a lot of teams would be happy to have. Murphy needs to be tested more, he shows promise but lacks urgency.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Rookie Impressions Week 2 Preseason 2023 - DYT_Bengal - 08-19-2023, 04:19 PM