Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why doesn't the gop run better candidates?
(08-19-2023, 01:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I voted for Obama in 2008 because McCain had no energy and Palin was a buffoon. I thought Obama would unite our country, but he started the great divide. I also voted for Bill Clinton twice. I have voted for Democratic governors as well.

To keep thread on track, I can see Vivek Ramaswamy winning the GOP nomination if Trump does not win it. I like him a lot and feel a ticket of him with Tim Scott would help unite our country.
https://time.com/6305440/vivek-ramaswamy-interview-republican-primary/

(08-19-2023, 03:03 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: One last derailment please:
I too voted for hope & change.
She scared me away from McCain.
He should have picked Joe Lieberman.
Now back to the normally scheduled programming.

So I'm a little puzzled. I certainly understand why someone might be afraid to vote for Palin. She didn't know ANYTHING about government or history. Remember that Kuric interview in which she did not know what the Bush doctrine was and could not name any news sources--all "gotcha" questions to her base.

Or maybe you disqualified her for some other reason?

I asked because the same reasons which disqualified Palin in my eyes would also disqualify Trump. 

Side question for Luvnit--how did Obama start the great divide? Serious historical question, as I would trace that back to the FCC decision which freed broadcasting from "balance," Gingrich's GOPAC memo, and the Clinton Impeachment. Let's not argue pro or con. I'd just like to know the reasons as you see them. So looking for data, not an argument.  I'll read without responding/questioning/criticizing. Maybe a "thanx" if I can get your reasons, though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't the gop run better candidates? - Dill - 08-19-2023, 05:07 PM