Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason…
(08-19-2023, 03:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Stopping Chubb? Unless Cleveland changes it's game back to giving it to Chubb on just about every snap, then we will be fine.
Just look at Chubb's stats once Watson started playing. Cleveland is working on being more of a passing team now. I'm not saying he will suck, i just don't think that Chubb won't be as big of a factor as he has been.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/american-sports/nick-chubb-deshaun-watson-browns-30361303

The running back is one of the largest offensive threats for the Browns, picking up 6,341 rushing yards and running for 48 touchdowns since being drafted back in 2018. Chubb ran for 12 touchdowns last season, but they all came in the first 11 games, as he failed to score once Watson was reintroduced. 

A fair point. I'm assuming they will get back to running the ball. I guess I made the point on Chubb because the more we stop him for short gains the more we can push them to the pass. Maybe that sounds obvious but I was expressing concern our new safeties may not have the same physicality of the ones we lost. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason… - NUGDUKWE - 08-19-2023, 05:08 PM