Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason…
(08-20-2023, 09:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Preseason doesn't really matter outside of getting some playtime and group cohesion for the guys who will make the roster and getting a look at fringe guys to see who will make the final cuts... but you'd still hope to not look like complete dogshit.

KC is has scored 24 and 38 points mostly with Blaine Gabbert and Shane Buechele at QB  looking good with no Kelce and only 3 catches for 27 yards from their top-3 WRs.

You don't have to look terrible just because you are playing backup QBs, backup WRs, and are in preseason, so it's a bit silly to say this is how championship caliber teams run the preseason.

Again, I am not worried (so long as Burrow is on the field), but it'd sure be a lot nicer if it wasn't a complete dumpster fire without him.

Bingo

I recorded Falcons game and have watched good bits of it here and there as time allows. How can I put this? Nothing really impresses me about either backup QB. I mean I get it, pretty much all baclup QB's are backups for a reason, duh.

But our offense just seems out of sync, unsure, disjointed....a lot. Oh there's been a couple decent drives and a few good plays. But overall nothing that raises the needle much.

I'm still not totally sure which backup I'd go with yet? And I never though I'd be saying that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason… - bengalfan74 - 08-20-2023, 10:00 AM