Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germany refuses to pay fair share to NATO
(08-20-2023, 10:17 AM)Dill Wrote: Your identification of Maui with Ukraine came in the train of a discussion about whether NATO was bleeding the US dry, and whether money going to Ukraine would or should be spent in the US.

I don't know that you are an "independent" if you call a "fact sheet" posted by the WH which describes the military/federal response to the Maui fire just "propaganda." Nor if you post a wild conspiracy-mongering video whose primary message is that Biden has "done nothing." If you were following the federal response more closely you'd find billions in loans are also being released to help people there. It takes time for the Federal government to react to such disasters, though it appears military aid described in the "propaganda" appeared rather quickly.

Also, I evaluate videos like the one you posted on the merits of the content, not whether they came from Fox or Newsmax or whatever. The source cannot taint the content if the content is honest and accurate. 

I only mentioned Trump because the host of your video did, trying to turn a tragedy into anti-Biden pro Trump sentiment. How does that help the disaster response to Hawaii, and how does it help understand how to make disaster response better?

And of course I'm not telling you people aren't being evicted. I'm saying if you understand why that is, you're not going to blame some nebulous "left" and wonder if you are on the "right side of the aisle." You'll KNOW you are on the right side of the aisle, if it's the left side.

So imputing some black and white 100% this or that framework upon my evaluation seems as unfair as it is inaccurate, just because I remember how the Trump administration treated post-hurricane Puerto Rico, and how he eviscerated the NIH pandemic response before the pandemic because he thought it a waste of money. When people try and improve the government's prep and response for disasters, it is not Dems standing in their way.

Unfortunately, I could only find Youtube videos about Joy Reid's comments on Fox and Friends and Meghan Kelly. I tried to find a Youtube video solely with MSNBC spouting her remarks. 

I asked you to find a video where residents were thanking the Government's response, but you cleverly neglected to find one. 

The host of the video was not the issue, I don't give a darn about the host it is the people of Maui that I care about. It was the fact that some residents of Maui are getting evicted, it was the fact the victims were saying with their own mouths that the Government wasn't doing anything. Again, you cleverly ignore those issues. You don't even comment about the people of the video, like the first woman talking to CNN. My comments are about the people and what they say. You whine about a White House propaganda link. I said it doesn't matter if it was a Democratic OR Republican administration's propaganda, you cry and say "it is not Dems standing in the way"  Mellow  Why don't you say it is not Government Dems or Repubs standing in the way??? There is your bias, but of course, you can't see that.  

Did I say Repubs do a good job with disaster recovery? See Bush - Katrina.

Do you think that the former Gov of NJ or the people of NY/NJ have had critical responses when this guy visited in regards to Hurricane Sandy?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfG8n7DENCmA_puiSncLq...A&usqp=CAU]

It's you and the biased members of this forum that are dividing the country. 

I asked you is Trump 100% bad and Biden 100% good, but you neglect that as well. 

Not you, but an ignorant person said I was MAGA. That's funny as I repeatedly said I voted for Obama and Bill Clinton and Bill was my favorite President of my lifetime. 

As I started my response on this thread for the people of Maui and they should rename their island Ukraine.  

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5soXEDtnj_ldx7vErrNp...w&usqp=CAU][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8BCzK13dAlfUxMEVHBTJ...M&usqp=CAU][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkhdKijJcan49CHG_zRy9...Q&usqp=CAU]

Now find me positive images like I did for President Obama who took only TWO DAYS  before he visited the NY/NJ area.   

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Germany refuses to pay fair share to NATO - BengalYankee - 08-20-2023, 11:33 AM