Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germany refuses to pay fair share to NATO
(08-20-2023, 11:52 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Thank you for verifying the one time payment of $700.00.

Never said the Fed's weren't going to assist the residents, now did I? 

It's the residents that are crying for help, something that you and your colleague keep forgetting.

I can't find images of NJ/NY residents complaining about Obama's Hurricane Sandy response, just one Utahian... 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3qc-SsXe9_ECoJXJTo6R...g&usqp=CAU]

But I expect that from a partisan biased member.

If the Fed's didn't do a disaster recovery for the folks at Maui.  Then an impeachment would commence ASAP, by both parties. 

Carry on. 

...sigh...could we get through ONE response without people feeling attacked and attacking others?  Just one?

I was not accusing YOU of saying anything I just wanted to point out that "whopping $700 per household" was something above and beyond what FEMA was doing in general...and hat it had become a bit of a talking point that should be addressed before the general conversation continued, IMHO.

It's a horrible disaster and the people need help...they are getting it.  I'm sure they don't think it is fast enough too.  I probably would too if it was my home and the entire place where I lived.

Maui is a one of a kind thing from what I have read.  I can imagine logistics are harder too given it is not part of the continental 48. (or 49)

Another aside:  And I'm reminded of this because of your cartoon.  We've seen members of congress vote AGAINST federal help after disasters before, usually along party lines depending on where they are from themselves, and then ask for federal help when it was in their district.  

I didn't see that with Maui yet, which would be a great step forward.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Germany refuses to pay fair share to NATO - GMDino - 08-20-2023, 12:27 PM