Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason…
(08-20-2023, 04:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's actually related to the counterpoint to my "I am not worried" that is whispering in the back of my mind. The Bengals are 1-7 in Weeks 1 & 2 under Zac Taylor, so whatever he's been doing in preseasons is clearly not preparing them for the start of the season. 

Do the Bengals go to the SB last year if they have home field advantage in the AFCC instead of having to travel to KC? It's hard to always have to be on the road because you start every season in a hole looking like crap.

I don't disagree and have gone back and forth on the preseason and certainly wouldn't have hated seeing our OL starters play a series. I mean just look at how much the OL improved from preseason games 1 to 2. 

But last year might have been more about Burrow. I think the OL did improve but I also think initially it was about Burrow trusting the protection. It seemed like our group would initially lose the block but then stay with it and lock them up. In the first couple games Burrow would drop his eyes and scramble around and get sacked but when he trusted they would maintain blocks he started stepping up in the pocket and have more time. Hopefully Burrow gets back to practice soon.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason… - NUGDUKWE - 08-20-2023, 04:56 PM