Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This’ll make you feel better about that last drive on against ATL
(08-21-2023, 10:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nothing makes me feel better about the Bengals in the preseason. They always worry me. I hate slow starts. We play Cleveland and the Steelers out the gate. Nobody supports Zac on here more than me lol but I don’t like his preseason plan. Of course another game to go. I just don’t see anything wrong with playing the first team a quarter and establishing the run game w/o Burrow. Injuries a part of the game. Anybody could get hurt the first game. What’s the difference? The first few games are just as critical.

Make that Stains and Ratbirds out of the gate. Definitely don’t want a repeat of last year’s slow start. That said, I don’t expect to see any starters play this Saturday. If any, just a few snaps. The risk in the final preseason game far outweighs any benefit. It’s now been 3 1/2 weeks since Burrow’s calf strain. If it was indeed a grade 1, he is hopefully on track to begin practicing by no later than next week. Two full weeks of practice should be sufficient for Joe to get up to speed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This’ll make you feel better about that last drive on against ATL - SouthernFan - 08-21-2023, 07:34 PM