Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Starting Rotation - Is It Good Enough?
(08-21-2023, 10:10 PM)samhain Wrote: They need a Bronson Arroyo/Wade Miley style inning eater.  Someone who can be good more than he's bad and go deep into games.  Preferably a veteran.  A guy like that might help protect the pen from melting down from overuse like they are right now.  

Also, I'd invest in another high end late inning guy.  Someone to lock up a game in 7 innings like Milwaukee used to have with Williams and Hader.  

These guys might not be "cheap" but they are going to be a lot more affordable than high end starters.  With the FO being as concerned with money as they are, I think these are the best investments.  High end starters are a huge crapshoot.  Sheeling out big money to them is always a big risk for a team that identifies as broke such as the Reds.

Agree with both. This was the goal the Reds had back with Sean Marshall and Jonathan Broxton.
It'd be nice to have a couple key holders for the 7th and 8th inning before Diaz were to come in.

For starter, I kind of agree Reds just need someone who can be somewhere 3rd to 5th in the rotation who can get guys out and be reliable to go 5-6 innings every game they pitch. They don't have to be a superstar.
Maybe someone like Brady Singer from KC, or bring Sonny Gray back. Gray's only going to be 34 next year, so he should have a couple more years left in him.
Singer would have to be traded for, but he's in Arb already, so the Royals might not want to pay him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Starting Rotation - Is It Good Enough? - ochocincos - 08-22-2023, 09:50 AM