Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow's Contract With Taxes And Other Fees......
(08-22-2023, 01:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mods, sorry if this should be in the thread about his extension, but I thought it deserved its own thread because it's not talking about negotiations and whatever. Sorry if it takes any effort to move it (if you need to).

We talk about Burrow's contract and everybody mentions how it's going to be so much money and other people have talked about who will be the NFL's first billionaire, but I was thinking about the taxes, dues, agent's cut, insurance, and whatever else he needs to pay out of his contract.

You realize that, after state and income taxes, a player only takes home about 50% of his pay? Even if that's a low estimate (not by much, maybe off by 5% or so), and that's not even considering paying his agent, NFLPA fees, and whatever else?

Again, I'm not saying that we should feel bad for him, but I'm just saying he's probably only getting 50% of what he signs for, if that.

I know he also has endorsements and whatever, but let's just remember how big of a business the NFL is and think of it in relative terms.

not really our problem to worry about at all
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow's Contract With Taxes And Other Fees...... - XenoMorph - 08-22-2023, 12:14 PM