Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason…
(08-20-2023, 04:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's actually related to the counterpoint to my "I am not worried" that is whispering in the back of my mind. The Bengals are 1-7 in Weeks 1 & 2 under Zac Taylor, so whatever he's been doing in preseasons is clearly not preparing them for the start of the season. 

Do the Bengals go to the SB last year if they have home field advantage in the AFCC instead of having to travel to KC? It's hard to always have to be on the road because you start every season in a hole looking like crap.

For damn sure we need to start out better in the regular season under Zac Taylor.

Actually didn't know we have been that bad weeks 1 and 2....

1-7? WTF

(08-20-2023, 04:50 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I wasn't talking about scouting reports or what they did in college. Bates was more than physical enough for us rarely missed tackles as the last line in defense, wasn't afraid to come up and make tackles in the box and would give receivers a hard legal hit at the catch point. So while we have to look at Hill college stuff because we haven't seen him on the field a ton just the dudes body type is gonna limit how physical he can be so I don't the he will be WAY more physical than Bates. But yes he may be able to match it and after watching the 1st team defense a few times against Atlanta he did come up and make plays on Bijan a couple times in the box. So I think he will match Bates in that regard and maybe give us more with his athleticism in coverage. Bell will probably be where we miss the Physicality the most but time will tell.

Will disagree on Bates being more than physical enough for us. There were times last season where he was playing not to get 
hurt and he missed a lot of tackles over the years. I don't think this will be a problem for Dax, his problem will be trying to equal 
Bates instincts and range, he has the physical tools to equal the range, we will see about his instincts that you just cannot teach.

Honestly, I am more concerned with Nick Scott after the Falcons game more than Dax Hill. Dax made a couple great tackles on 
Bijan Robinson who I think will be the next great RB in the NFL. After a fine first PS game by the Safeties all around the only one
that looked good against the Falcons was Dax Hill. Nick Scott, Battle and Tycen all had a rough game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You’re Concerned About the Lack of Offensive Firepower in the Preseason… - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-22-2023, 02:02 PM