Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Are sanctuary cities really sanctuary cities?
(08-20-2023, 06:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Man, I hate seeing agency webpages deployed for partisan talking points. Anyway, as to the effectiveness. What they state here is exactly what I have been saying. Border walls are effective in those urban areas, which is where we already have walls. They don't say anything about walls in the uninhabited areas.

Sorry didn't see you talking about that in this thread when you were asking for Effectiveness. I simply provided that they are effective and i tried to chose a non-partisan bias to provide you the info. Figured if i did that then there would be little room for arguing it's from FOX NEWS or where ever even if it said the same thing. 

If they are that effective in urban areas, then they would be a deterrent in non-urban areas as well. Not as effective as the the higher populated areas, but still would slow it down. The goal is two-fold, use the walls to deter drug traffickers and funnel the people seeking asylum to certain check points so we have better control over those coming in. 

Also not all Urban areas along the border have walls, and in some cases it's nothing more than poles in the ground to deter vehicles, which does nothing to prevent people from passing right on thru. 

Also we do have some natural barriers as well, but there's nothing from stopping people from making a raft and floating across the Rio Grande and then entering the US. Put a wall there as well on the US side and well... where do they go now? 

We could spend days arguing this, but point blank, I have family and friends that come here the right way and because of all of these Illegal immigrants the line is exceptionally long and wait time can take several years to get a Green Card. Coming here legally shouldn't take that long. Those trying to get Green Cards are unable to legally work for several years. They need to be able to work and feed their family legally as well. The ones coming here legally shouldn't be punished because of those coming here illegally and clogging up the system.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are sanctuary cities really sanctuary cities? - Mike M (the other one) - 08-23-2023, 09:23 AM