Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setback for Lodolo's Return
(08-23-2023, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's probably my distain for the 1-game playoff format for the WC teams a few years ago when they had 5 teams make it, but I always hated making the WC.
Maybe it was more that the Reds were just so bad in those 1-game WC matchups.

Now that the WC series is actually a 3-game series, maybe I'll be less worrisome of losing in one. And to be fair, if the Reds even were to win the division, they'd probably be the 3-seed anyway, so they'd have to play in the WC series regardless.

Yea, thankfully there isn't much difference between being a WC team and being the 3rd best division winner (which is virtually guaranteed behind the Dodgers and Braves at this point), so I'm not too stressed about the division anymore. If we win it, great, but it wouldn't change too much relative to getting a WC spot.

In fact, I'd kind of prefer to be the 5th seed if we can. That way, we'd avoid the Brewers in the opening round. Maybe the DBacks, Giants, Marlins or Cubs will knock them out before we need to deal with them! I'd feel much better facing the Phillies in round 1.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Setback for Lodolo's Return - ochocincos - 08-23-2023, 09:53 AM
RE: Setback for Lodolo's Return - CJD - 08-23-2023, 10:48 AM
RE: Setback for Lodolo's Return - CJD - 08-23-2023, 12:20 PM
RE: Setback for Lodolo's Return - CJD - 08-23-2023, 01:09 PM
RE: Setback for Lodolo's Return - CJD - 08-23-2023, 01:28 PM