Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Starting Rotation - Is It Good Enough?
(08-23-2023, 07:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's a lot of meh.

Hunter Greene: Career 99 OPS+
Graham Ashcraft: Career 93 OPS+
Andrew Abbott: Career 155 OPS+ (dropping quickly because of hitting the rookie wall, but still legit)
Nick Lodolo: Career 103 OPS+
Brandon Williamson: Career 103 OPS+

Connor Phillips: WHIP over 1.500 in AA and AAA

Abbott seems like he could be a guy, but other than him you have a bunch of #4/#5 types. You need at least 3 guys who you can look at and say "yes, I can put those three into a postseason series and have a good chance to win". They have 1 in Abbott, and the rest of them would be that 4th guy who you have in your postseason rotation mostly to give the other 3 guys the extra day of rest while hopefully keeping you in the game.
I don't know that I'd go that far? 
But I'm not as confident with our right now starting staff as many? Ashcraft I believe is gonna be a good #2 or 3 type guy. Abbott I believe is going to be decent, perhaps #3 type starter. But after that I'm just not sure?
What is Lodolo really? Is this injury bug gonna derail his career? When he comes back what will he be? Just really unsure.
Greene I just don't know? I'm hoping he gets it together, develops another pitch and so on. But like I said in another thread what has he really shown so far?
Williamson? #5 type perhaps? 
All in all I would feel much better if they get a true 15-20 game winner this offseason and perhaps more bullpen help? At a mininum
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Starting Rotation - Is It Good Enough? - bengalfan74 - 08-23-2023, 08:44 PM