Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Starting Rotation - Is It Good Enough?
(08-24-2023, 09:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I hate to break it to you, but the Reds will never actually pay for a true bona fide ace.
You're looking at $25+ mill APY for a true ace SP.
If the Reds are going to have an ace, it will have to be someone who is brought in from the minors and plays here before hitting FA.

I hope you're wrong.

But my fear is you're right.

Look I don't claim to be any expert pitching guru. Have any inside info, ESP, or anything else. Just my gut instinct which very well could be wrong. Here's my take:

I believe Hunter Greene will be a good, not great starter. 10-12 game winner who also loses games he might not elsewhere giving up too many HR's in GABP. He'll have a bunch of K's and look like a Bonafide stud at times and get clobbered next time out.

I'll put Ashcraft and Abbott in a box together. I think/hope they're both very good middle of the pack starters. 12-15 game winners, #2, #3 types. Which is awesome !!

Williamson is I believe a #4/5 starter most likely. Which again would be great. 

Lodolo has flashed being good for sure but he scares me with this injury bug. And we have such a small sample size with him I'm just skeptical.

The bulk of the rest we've seen thus far this season would struggle to be regular starters on most any team. 

I know I've preached this ad nauseum, lol. But I strongly feel to have a true WS contender staff we need that final piece. That true ACE, 20 game winner, slide stopper, anchor of the staff.

We might tinker with success holding pat. (Which by the way) oldschool baseballers will tell you is the best place to be $$$ wise for ownership. But to really make it over the top they've got to open up piggy bank.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Starting Rotation - Is It Good Enough? - bengalfan74 - 08-24-2023, 10:44 AM