Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Starting Rotation - Is It Good Enough?
(08-24-2023, 11:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't need a true bonafide ace. Just need to add a legit proven #2-#3. An addition similar to when they added Sonny Gray or Mat Latos. Then need to hope for one of the other guys they have already to develop into one next year to be their third.

Then add a #4-#5 type that you can rely on to eat some innings (similar to the Tanner Roark addition) for a 6 man rotation.

I would argue Andrew Abbott is pitching well enough to be a #2.
Ashcraft since the ASB has been pitching well enough to be a #2/3 as well.
Greene prior to his injury was pitching well enough to be a #1-3.

Are any of these guys of the caliber of someone like Castillo? No, I don't think so (yet).

But do I think they might be able to be good enough to pitch in a postseason series as long as the bats weren't super cold?
Probably.

If the Reds can get someone like a Sonny Gray for a reasonable price, I'd love it, and I've stated something along those lines across multiple threads the past few months.
The Reds will have enough they can spend for a guy around the $10-15 mill range for the next 2-3 years, which should be able to bring in a quality #2/3.

I just don't think we have a true ace on the big league roster or in the minors right now, so the Reds might have to do some trading if they really wanna find the next potential ace.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Starting Rotation - Is It Good Enough? - ochocincos - 08-24-2023, 12:11 PM