Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Police stage ‘chilling’ raid on Marion County newspaper
(08-24-2023, 11:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: It was in the story from the first post.

Yes, like I literally said in the post you quoted.  I said no one in this thread mentioned it and it's a rather important detail.

Quote:The whole story is there too:

Story written.
Tip given.
Research done.
Story NOT published...AND police notified by the paper.
Police tell subject of unpublished story that someone looked at their record...legally...but didn't publish a story about it.
Subject complains at public meeting.
Newspaper defends their NOT publishing the story that never would have been public if not for the subject talking publicly about it.
The next day the police have warrants.

UNLESS the paper had been under some kind of investigation for quite a while and the warrants were already being worked on I think we have the story.

Maybe new information will come out...eventually.

No, the whole story cannot possibly be there because we don't know what evidence convince the judge to issue the warrant.  Do you know?  Does the story tell you?  Hence my saying there's likely more to the story than is currently available.  Judges don't sign off on search warrants without deliberation.  Again, could the bench officer have made an error, or could they have been presented with false information?  Yes, but we don't know and it's a rather important detail.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Police stage ‘chilling’ raid on Marion County newspaper - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-24-2023, 12:57 PM