Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
When will the GOP admit to themselves and their voters the truth about Donald Trump a
(08-24-2023, 01:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think Biden tends moderate, I don't know that his administration does.  For example, they have the ATF absolutely abusing their power to shut done FFL's (licensed gun dealers) at a rate never before seen.

https://archive.li/dfVlZ

Hm. I can't say for certain that this constitutes an abuse of power. Violations of rules and laws seem like a legit reason to shut down a dealership. Whether the consequences meet the offenses or whether there were no real offenses in the first place, I can not say for certain even after reading the article. I doubt, however, that this affair really threads the needle significantly for many people.

(08-24-2023, 01:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As for the law and order, it may not be a problem nationally, but it damn sure is in deep blue areas.  And people watch the news and they see exactly what's going on here, and places like here, and they don't want it coming to where they live.

An understandable reason to vote GOP. Not so much to go full Trump in the primaries though.
Even more so since Trump's reputation as being law and order is somewhat damaged by his conduct. Meaning, he did plenty crimes, from fake universities and Kushner Quatari deals to insurrectionist schemes. I get that many people see that differently, but said people are not gettable for Democrats anyway.

(08-24-2023, 01:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A good point.  But I don't see any of the current GOP candidates as being able to unseat Trump.  DeSantis had the best chance initially, but his campaign has not been run well, at all.  A few of them have definitely set themselves up for future success; Tim Scott and Vivek for example. But no one is going to unseat Trump at this point.  Not to get back on this topic again, but all the indictments absolutely sealed the deal for Trump.  Like it or not a considerable number of people see this as a political witch hunt and a gross abuse of the criminal justice system.  The people who think that way, and they were sadly given major ammunition by Bragg, literally see this as a fight for the nation.

Oh sure, no one of those people can unseat Trump. That much is apparent. I just think the reasons are not the rational ones you are listing.
I just have difficulty envisiong the person on the fence that now opts for Trump over these indictments. Putting the Stormy issue aside, which imho does not really matter all that much for most folks. The other indictments are clearly not just made up charges. Whoever only believes FOX will have a different take, but again those aren't the people that would ever contemplate to vote for a Democrat anyway.

Take someone like yourself, meaning someone who does not fall for FOX narratives. Would someone like yourself really feel inclined to vote for Trump in a primary (again, not talking general election) because of the Bragg indictment or over democratic policies or gun dealers or anything of that sort? Why would one do so, if not being a full Trump supporter from the start?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When will the GOP admit to themselves and their voters the truth about Donald Trump a - hollodero - 08-24-2023, 01:25 PM