Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
When will the GOP admit to themselves and their voters the truth about Donald Trump a
(08-24-2023, 01:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It is.  They are shutting down people's businesses because of common paperwork errors.  I have two friends who have FFL's.  Both confirm this is far from the norm.  I agree it's not a major issue for most people, but it's a perfect example of how Biden's administration abuses their power.  It's also the first one to come to mind.

OK, maybe it is abuse of power, though I would say being outside a norm alone is not the same thing as power abuse. But the main problem with this example is that it does probably not sway an electon or turns Trump doubters into Trump believers. That's just a premise I see unfulfilled.

(08-24-2023, 01:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There are plenty those of people who are gettable by Dems if they rolled back the far left push (far left for the US anyways).  As you correctly point out we have a binary choice.  I can absolutely understand a person being turned off enough by Dem positions to hold their nose and vote for Trump.  Especially, as I said earlier, given that things were perceivably better when he was POTUS.

Well, of course, there are plenty understandable reasons to still vote Trump. I'd still hope that for most people, there are even better reasons to not do so, but it's of course easier to feel that way when one likes left policies.
If things were better, that's probably a matter of perspective. Some people might just feel that things are better now that there's not three asinine presidential tweets a day to talk about. But sure, overall, I understand. Inflation etc. are issues for sure.

(08-24-2023, 01:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's the problem with the Bragg indictment.  It's flimsy as hell and literally everyone is acknowledging it, even far left sources.  When you lump it in with everything else it absolutely pollutes the perceived legitimacy of the other indictments.  Bragg literally slipped a rotten apple into the barrel and for many it's already turned the whole barrel rotten.  If you're going to go after a former POTUS then you'd best have a rock solid unassailable case.  Bragg does not, nor does he even come close to it.  I've said it before, Bragg did more than any other single person to taint any indictments of Trump in the eyes of millions.

I understand why Bragg appears weak. I think it would be fair though to separate the Bragg indictment from the others. I understand that many people are motivated not to do so and to use the possibly weakest indictment to weaken the others. But these are usually the same people that thought the barrel to be rotten to begin with, and just would use any argument to paint it as such. Would the Bragg indictment not exist, I doubt people would view the other indictments any differently. The doubters would just find another reason to doubt. Eg. Luvnit does not need Bragg in his arguments.

In that sense, I think you're overestimating the importance a bit. And my main reason to say so is that imho an unbiased view can only be that a weak indictment over hush money can not mean a different indictment over pretty blatant insurrection attempts should be declared null and void. I think it's fair to say that and I can't really believe many neutral people would disagree. So I also doubt many people's view actually hinge on the Bragg indictment alone.

(08-24-2023, 01:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, I would not.  A possible reason why someone would is they think he's the person with the best shot at beating Biden.  Another would be to think he's being unfairly persecuted, a perception which Bragg lends a lot of credence to.  Thankfully, I don't live in a state in which it would matter, because I honestly don't know which of the two I'd vote for in the general election if I was forced to choose.  Unless something radically changes I can't envision myself voting for a Democrat again in my entire life.  The misery they've unleased here is so bad if you wrote a script detailing it and showed it to me three years ago I'd have told you what you wrote was literally impossible.  I thank the powers that be every day that I bought a house in Orange County in 2020, because LA is in a very sorry state.

I just checked, surveys say folks are actually not happy there. So yeah, I get the point.

Only thing I'd disagree with is that Trump has the best shot. Someone posted the numbers somewhere, but it seems any candidate would fare just as well as Trump against Biden. And imho that makes sense. And unlike Trump, a slightly less extreme personality might just bring those suburbians back, while Trump has pretty much set his limit. He appears to be the candidate who is among the least likely to beat Biden and strategic primary voters might acknowledge that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When will the GOP admit to themselves and their voters the truth about Donald Trump a - hollodero - 08-24-2023, 05:04 PM