Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason
(08-25-2023, 01:33 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It doesn't need to be significant. You all were talking about Mixon's yards after contact as if he were getting hit much earlier in 2022 than he was in 2021, not letting him build up a head of steam so he couldn't get any yards after contact. So ANY amount more is significant because it shows he wasn't getting hit earlier in 2022, but later. He had *more* steam in 2022 and still got less yards after contact.

Weeks 10-17 he averaged 3.9 YPC. Anytime you include that Carolina game in a 6 game sample size, it's going to horribly skew it. That's why I was using a whole season vs a whole season, because even with the Carolina game he was still worse.

I think only 1 person mentioned 2021 vs 2022, which wasn't me, and it was about how little difference there was between the two years. Which is what you then also showed with the contact yards. 

My point was that our oline has been crap for years, especially run blocking, which is likely the largest part of the equation for our run game woes compared to all of our RBs being bums. 

Definitely fair on the Panthers game part though. I didn't realize in the moment that was in the latter half of stats and was just using the first 8 games vs last 8 games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason - TheFan - 08-25-2023, 10:28 AM