Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot?
As I've said before, in 2016 I was all "Meh, may as well see what Trump does as president" and now I'm discussing whether or not his 4th indictment and the marketing of his mugshot will make him more or less likely to win the 2024 election.  Trump has exceeded the standards of the most sky-falling liberal predictions I was brushing off as hyperbolic 7 years ago.

I clearly lean left, but I haven't voted left since 2008 and I only voted for Obama once because I was pissed the GOP didn't pick Ron Paul or Rudy Giuliani...my first 2 choices were republicans.  I didn't even vote for Biden in 2020, preferring to waste my vote on a crap libertarian rather than the 2016 vote for Gary Johnson that I whole-heartedly believed in.

So, let me say that Trump getting indicted and having a mug shot makes me lean away from him, not that I was ever leaning towards him outside of not voting D.  Am I an independent?  Well, I voted like one, but I guess I'm lamentably blue no matter who (though there are some democrats from 2022 victories that I'm quite fond of) for the time being.  Take that for what it's worth.

tl;dr - the GOP's obsession with Trump and only Trump has led me to no longer be able to vote 3rd party and delude myself into thinking the pressing issue is both side equally sucking
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What will impact be with voters if Trump is forced to take a mug shot? - Nately120 - 08-25-2023, 12:06 PM