Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
When will the GOP admit to themselves and their voters the truth about Donald Trump a
(08-24-2023, 05:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: I understand why Bragg appears weak. I think it would be fair though to separate the Bragg indictment from the others. I understand that many people are motivated not to do so and to use the possibly weakest indictment to weaken the others. But these are usually the same people that thought the barrel to be rotten to begin with, and just would use any argument to paint it as such. Would the Bragg indictment not exist, I doubt people would view the other indictments any differently. The doubters would just find another reason to doubt. Eg. Luvnit does not need Bragg in his arguments.

In that sense, I think you're overestimating the importance a bit. And my main reason to say so is that imho an unbiased view can only be that a weak indictment over hush money can not mean a different indictment over pretty blatant insurrection attempts should be declared null and void. I think it's fair to say that and I can't really believe many neutral people would disagree. So I also doubt many people's view actually hinge on the Bragg indictment alone.,

Yes, the bolded.

The central question with Trump concerns whether you think he attempted an insurrection or not. If you do then that even trumps the rape finding. 

If you think Trump attempted to overturn a valid election, and you are "biased" in favor of democracy, there'll be no hedging, no what-if-the-'far-left'-does-X-so-maybe-Trump-is-safer reasoning; you'll not only not vote for him, you'll think he should be disqualified from office and in jail. 

If you don't think Trump attempted to overturn a valid election, then you are not really interested in the "strength" of any case. You don't want Trump convicted of anything, regardless of whether he is guilty or not. You are not "neutral" at all and the Bragg indictment just helps with a story you tell yourself about Trump "persecution" and Dem hyperbole. 

No real independent is going to think, "Sure, Trump attempted an autogolpe, and people died, but I'm really upset that this Bragg guy is attacking Trump's finances. This NY indictment is so obviously political, and I am just so concerned about impartial justice and rule of law, that Bragg is pushing me to vote for the guy who sought to directly weaponize the DoD and DOJ to stay in power, and promises "retribution" if votes like mine return him to power." 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When will the GOP admit to themselves and their voters the truth about Donald Trump a - Dill - 08-27-2023, 02:26 PM