Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question For People That Believe Men Can Be Women
(08-23-2023, 12:24 PM)basballguy Wrote: I think if you're going to say this behavior is happening (especially in terms of dishonesty and inflammatory comments) you should give some specific examples....maybe a running thread of "here's what not to do or say and why"....you can start with me if you want

I don't think there's a single person in this forum that posts dishonest information.  I do think there is a huge segment of posters that talk out of their ass trying to pass off anecdotal experiences as fact.  In that sense those individuals could probably come off as being dishonest but I doubt there's negative intentions behind it.  

So we're now "dinging" people for what they say about public figures?  I feel like that would get every user of this forum banned based on what they've said about Biden and Trump over the years.

Moderating what people say about public figures is a dangerously slippery slope if you are an advocate for independent conversation like you imply here.

Moderating users based on what they say about public figures is an awful idea and will not allow for neutral moderation.  If done correctly, every user on this forum would be banned within a week for shit they say about DJT and JB alone.

-----------

Personally, the tone of this thread seems focused on going after conservative posters. 

Thank you baseballguy, I appreciate your words that was very nice of you. I hope I don't get dinged expressing my opinion of your post.  Mellow 

I have to be very careful how I write this post, but I am going into the lion's den with my opinion, for what it's worth.

I know that this is a privately owned website and with that, the fact that Dylan Mulvaney is NOT a public figure is legally questionable. That said I got dinged NOT by making fun of a member on this website but by posting an image from Bud Light's marketing team[from the New York Post]. The same marketing team that caused Anheuser-Busch to lose Billions of Dollars. That image coupled with Bid Light's former advertisement commercial "Real Men of Genious".That marketing team that by the way has since been fired. That marketing team will be written about and in Textbooks for the rest of time in Marketing courses of what NOT to do. That Bud Light marketing image, comment "Real Men of Genious" with the person Dylan who I put my law degree up against is a Public Figure. I was told that Dylan Mulvaney was NOT a Public Figure.  Mellow  I was dinged by posting my opinion of the smartness of the marketing team and Dylan as well as another ding after I warned another fellow member, not to misgender transgenders otherwise he would be dinged as I was. Result I got dinged again and his post was removed although I don't know if he got dinged. 

Had I known there was a law on this website about misgendering a public figure on this website I would not gone there, but it is not on the CoC and although it is posted on a thread now that's after the fact for me. As someone who follows the legal field closely if a public/private entity provides a law, I typically adhere to it, but being punished for a law after it is published is ex post facto.      

Example of Ex post facto law

Imagine that in 2020, a city has a speed limit of 60 miles per hour on its highways. People who drove within this speed limit were obeying the law. However, in 2022, the city council passes a new law that retroactively lowers the speed limit on highways to 45 miles per hour and imposes hefty fines for those who drove over this new limit, even before the law was enacted. Drivers who had previously driven at or below 60 miles per hour could now be fined for actions that were legal when they occurred. This situation would exemplify an ex post facto law, as it punishes individuals for actions that were legal when they took place but were later made illegal retroactively.

If I ever post on Dylan again, I will respect the wishes of this website and not call him a man, but I will call Dylan a person. I hope that is ok.  Mellow
Since we are addressing people's interest in what they call themselves, ironically I have empathy for Rachel Dolezal, a Public Figure who identified herself as black even though she was born white. She was raked over the coals by the media and some organizations. I have a strong feeling if I was to join the chorus and blasting her I would not be dinged but be recognized as a Hall of Fame member. Back to the media and other organizations, what they failed to write and complain about Rachel was that her husband was black with whom she has a black child, she also has adopted siblings that are black. So if the media criticizes her identifying as black it is okay, but when Dylan identifies as a woman, crickets??? Well, you won't hear crickets from more than half the country, can you say Bud Light Sales down?  

I like Rachel, "You go girl".  Who Dey

Since people are obsessed with "science" let's go there. When the conversation is about sex chromosomes excluding persons who are born intersex[congenital eunuchs] there are XX[female] and XY[male]. PERIOD. Before I receive backlash that there are 20-50+ chromosomes, I am strictly stating sex chromosomes, that is all.

Now racial identities via "science". Years ago the old racist democrats were frustrated when people of color wrote on census forms that they were not black, but mulattos this enraged the racist folks. So they came up with the one-drop rule, which is if you have one drop of black in you are black.

[Image: ST_2015-06-11_multiracial-americans_01-01.png]

Well that "science" solved that issue for the racists in those days. As of the 1930s's the claiming of the identity Mulatto was unfortunately stopped. 

[Image: census_black_race_v3.0.png]

So what does this mean? It means that in regards to race, the government uses "science" when someone tries to use a race identity[one-drop rule], but with sex gender where we have real science as in XX and XY chromosomes and someone identifies opposite of their birth certificate, you have some people blowing their top. Whatever happened to the slogan "Trust the Science" as in XX and XY sex chromosomes?

[Image: MAGTrustScienceNotMorons_1024x1024.jpg?v=1597960909][Image: EDNAblog_XYsystem.png]

Finally, this is supposed to be a Political and Religious forum, where if a person who identifies as a strong Muslim/Christian/Jewish, their views also matter with their Holy books, the Quran, the Bible, and the Tanakh,  their views should be are tolerated and respected also. Religious views matter. 

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: P&R News - BengalYankee - 08-27-2023, 05:59 AM