Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason
(08-27-2023, 05:06 PM)TheFan Wrote: I mean just use common sense. You can work at a company, do good work, and they like you. If your position is being devauled and across companies people are being paid less or asked to take paycuts, it would make sense for you to do the same or be let go. Being let go doesn't benefit you or you company so you'll take a little less to still have a job, while being well compensated, and the business keeps an employee they like and thinks does a good job while not way over paying beyond what the market price is. 

The Bengals could have completely cut him and signed someone else but they chose not to. Your reasoning is they kept him because they don't want him? Or is it more likely they like him but at a fair price?

If all the QBs this year signed for 40-45mil do you think the Bengals would randomly sign Burrow for 55? No. The QB market increases so QBs get paid more. If the RB market boomed and people were making way more than Mixon would they have still asked him to take a paycut? I highly doubt it. The RB market is not increasing and even going down, so it makes sense to ask him to be within market value.

Mixon wants to go nowhere. He likes the players, the city, coaches, and ownership/Mgt. And it’s mutual. His price wasn’t conducive to the health of the club. We will see where it goes next year but like I said earlier Joe by doing this helped himself for ‘24. Had he refused he wouldn’t have been cut but he’d had little shot remaining a Bengal in ‘24. Depending on his year and the other backs will determine ‘24. Based on history if Joe has a solid year he will finish his contract and the Bengals draft a RB in ‘24 or ‘25 depending on how the draft falls.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason - Soonerpeace - 08-27-2023, 05:32 PM