Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason
(08-27-2023, 05:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: His dead cap space was 5 million I think. Cutting him this late would have left them few options. Sure there was Cook and Zeke but combining Mixon’s dead cap and their salary puts them back at square one. Mixon knows the offense and let’s face it the Bengals are trying to keep the team intact as much as possible. If they made any mistakes it was not done sooner. I’d expect that Mike Brown had to be convinced to make Joe take a reduction. Mike is old school I made a deal and I’m going to stand by it.

It left Mixon with little options. Take a pay cut or try your luck on the open market. It’s doubtful Mixon would have even sniffed what the Bengals offered. Obviously, Mixon and his agent recognized that reality.

Based upon the salary cap management since 2019, I’m convinced Mike Brown has little to no involvement with salary cap decisions and thank God for that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-27-2023, 06:42 PM