Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason
(08-27-2023, 07:15 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well people on a podcast and Mixon actually saying it are two very different things.  I'd think if he said it even on podcast it would have been quoted in other forms of media. I think it would probably be kind of a big story during the slow off season news , "Mixon says he is willing to rework his contract."   But what do i know?  :)

I found it! Well, what they were referencing in the podcasts and what it actually meant aren't totally in line. But at least I'm not totally crazy.

It was from the Cincinnati Enquirer in late January of this year. He was quoted saying “I want to be here for the rest of my career,” Mixon said. “They drafted me. I will do whatever I can to stay here as long as possible. For my whole career, to be honest.”

So I think it's definitely debatable if he's saying he's willing to restructure his contract with that quote but that's what they discussed in the podcasts, in addition to everything that happened with the RB market in early free agency,  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason - TheFan - 08-27-2023, 07:26 PM