Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason
(08-27-2023, 10:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The RB franchise tag as a percentage of the total salary cap amount fell from 5.19% in 2020 to 4.49% in 2023. Or a reduction of 0.7%. Not even close to a 40% adjustment. If you have figures that indicate otherwise I’m willing to re-evaluate.

Show me where I wrote the Bengals don’t like Mixon.

"2023 has been a terrible year for veteran running backs. The number of running backs with contracts averaging $12 million per year or more has been cut in half thanks to releases and pay cuts. There were eight at the end of last season. Four remain. 

NFL teams exercised fiscal restraint with running backs in free agency this year. Nobody hit the $7 million per mark, which represents the top of the second salary tier for running back compensation, with a deal like what James Conner and Leonard Fournette did in 2022 free agency."

Numerous contemporaries also either restructured their own deals or were cut. 

You stating "Mixon is like the girlfriend who is way too much drama and high maintenance they gave an ultimatum to get their shit together or pack their shit and get out" Is clearly an indicator you think they don't want Mixon. They obviously do or they would have cut him. Asking him to take a pay cut doesn't mean they don't like him since that's what was happening to the entire RB market. Do your own Google searches to inform your opinion vs just continually saying the same thing over and over and telling people to prove you wrong. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why didn't the Bengals add a proven RB in the offseason - TheFan - 08-27-2023, 10:33 PM