Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(08-29-2023, 02:43 PM)Dill Wrote: You are totally misunderstanding Vivek, Dino.
https://freebeacon.com/elections/in-latest-reversal-vivek-ramaswamy-says-he-wont-cut-israel-aid-without-jerusalems-approval/

He would have negotiated a peace between Israel and Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman,
and Israel's neighbor Indonesia by 2028, right after he separated Russia from China,
so Israel would not need our aid.  See? 
No one's ever tried that before and he's bringing new ideas.

Or maybe Iran, Lebanon, and the Palestinians would still be there and the plan would not work,
So what he means is that he would ASK Jerusalem before cutting the aid. Then they could
say "Yes we still want it" and the aid would continue. So see, if you quote what he said
last week you'd be misrepresenting him.

The point is he is creating a dynamic Middle East policy which will send clear
signals of U.S. intent to all countries in the region, friend and foe alike. It will be
part of a "comprehensive strategy" to prop up countries from whom we'll be divesting.
Like Saudi Arabia. No mention yet of Egypt, whom we pay a billion a year NOT to attack Israel.
But all the countries there will be able to stand on their own two feet and be better friends to us.

Other Republicans who see Vivek as a threat are trying to make this sound muddled.
Same for his climate change policy. There are more green plants now than there were
before and they eat carbon dioxide. There are more practical ways to address the hoax. 

No surprise that his popularity has surged since the debate'
https://www.livemint.com/news/world/us-polls-2024-vivek-ramaswamys-popularity-surges-raises-more-than-450-000-in-first-hour-post-debate-11692949510553.html

Smarmy and condescending.

(08-29-2023, 03:11 PM)Dill Wrote: Character assassination is bad when Hannity does it. But Dino would probably say it's bad when anyone does it. 
At least I've not heard him approve of other Hannity character assassinations, only now making an exception for Vivek.  

In any case, here is what Hannity said. 

You know you said, aid to Israel, our No. 1 ally, only democracy in the region, should end in 2028, and that they should be integrated with their neighbors

So Vivek says "additional aid won't be necessary" and Hannity assumes the aid will "end" if it's not necessary. Then allowed Vivek to explain.

That seems a bit short of character assassination. Maybe that's why Dino didn't attack Hannity for character assassination. 

I thought Dino's main point was that Vivek had lost Hannity as a supporter. But you think he should have "attacked" Hannity. 

I'll wait and see if Dino attacks you for assuming what he thought, but I'm sure he'll just agree with you regardless.  The clip was framed as a gotcha moment, hence Dino's claim that his "words are out there forever".  This goes hand in hand with Dino's consistent negative posts regarding the man.  As you claim to desire, I actually provided the quote in question and much needed context, something you would applaud if it was done by someone that you don't dislike.  But, in sadly typical fashion, instead you decided to turn it into yet another predictable, and boring, reason to attack/lecture me.

Lastly, deliberately quoting someone out of context to make them look bad is absolutely character assassination.  Although I am aware of why you'd prefer to think otherwise.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-29-2023, 03:42 PM