Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shout out to Duke and the scouts
(08-29-2023, 09:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Making the team doesn't mean you were a good pick. John Ross and Cedric Ogbuehi were both on the team for 4 years.

Not to say that they haven't had some good drafts what with Burrow, Higgins, Wilson, and Chase, but % making the roster/still being on the roster isn't really a good determination of that.

I agree with this point, that "% making the roster/still being on the roster isn't really a good determination" of draft success. It seems to me that even when the Bengals were poor that posters were touting that they were retaining a great % of their draft picks.

That being said, these last four years have been, as Pally [she] said, very successful drafts, with quite a few high quality players. I was about to write earlier that this present draft class, if Murphy and Battle pan out, looks to be very good, from one through seven. The Bengals seemed to have filled the depth with very good players who could grow into being quality starters. It is terrific that even the 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks seem to have supplanted veterans.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Shout out to Duke and the scouts - pally - 08-29-2023, 09:38 PM
RE: Shout out to Duke and the scouts - Nepa - 08-29-2023, 10:14 PM