Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(08-29-2023, 03:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Smarmy and condescending.
I'll wait and see if Dino attacks you for assuming what he thought, but I'm sure he'll just agree with you regardless.  The clip was framed as a gotcha moment, hence Dino's claim that his "words are out there forever".  This goes hand in hand with Dino's consistent negative posts regarding the man.  As you claim to desire, I actually provided the quote in question and much needed context, something you would applaud if it was done by someone that you don't dislike.  But, in sadly typical fashion, instead you decided to turn it into yet another predictable, and boring, reason to attack/lecture me.
Lastly, deliberately quoting someone out of context to make them look bad is absolutely character assassination.  Although I am aware of why you'd prefer to think otherwise.

I was "condescending" to a presidential candidate. And you've been "consistently" against condescension in any form, right?

This one just puzzles me. You've "predictably" turned another discussion about a political issue into a personal attack on Dino, who is not as smart as you gave him credit for. He's not curious about why "odious" Hannity would challenge a Trump challenger. Meanwhile, YOU are actually the victim of an "attack" from me, though I said nothing to discredit your smarts.

And why "odious"? Hannity spins up manufactured grievance against "the blatantly lying and hypocritical left" every day. Why would you have a problem with that? 

My "attack" consisted in offering a good reason why the Hannity interview doesn't quite reach a "gotcha moment"--assuming that, if aid to Israel won't be "necessary," then it will be cut off, is hardly "character assassination by "taking a quote out of context," especially if V gets a chance to explain himself. Your "actual quote" doesn't fix this for Vivek. 

The whole "character assassination" thesis is just angry and over the top, especially when you fault others intellect and honesty when you cannot persuade them to share it. When you can't make it all really about Hannity with the spin up about "what the GOP wants," then it must be that Dino is ok with "odious" Hannity when he attacks someone Dino doesn't like. Dino's (and my) point about the impractical impossible goals of V's foreign policy are shunted aside by your wide distribution of beside-the-point attack and blame. 

You are the only one puzzled as to "why" Vivek would be challenged by Hannity--and Haley and virtually every other Republican commentator and candidate. I can only assume that's because Vivek's ideas don't seem especially "out there" to you; they are "substantive" perhaps and deserve a serious hearing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Dill - 08-31-2023, 08:39 AM