Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Are Democrats going to push masks and vaccines again?
(08-31-2023, 09:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Consequently, they are often times worthless.  There are years that the flu shot (i.e. influenza) doesn't come close to covering the dominant strain that year.  I said this long ago, and got a lot of shit for it, but the covid vaccine is not in the same category as the polio vaccine.  It's a flu shot, and it will work better sometimes than others. But this idea of shutting the country down and enforcing mandatory mandates on people, which the rich like Gavin Newsome will flat out ignore, is absurd and inane.

People gave the government the benefit of the doubt on this and were flat out lied to.  That time is over.

I never actually liked the Covid shots being called a vaccine. Most people, and I can't blame them, thinks that vaccines offered immunity to whatever it was designed for which for the most part they do like our baby shots.

But the covid shots were not much more than 'immune booster shots designed for the main Covid strain' at the time. And the shots afterwards designed more to fight off the various variants.

Now I say this as someone that had 0.0 white blood count during the late summer of 2021 and an extreme low count for the following months. Somehow by a miracle I avoided Covid all together then as I couldn't even get a Covid shot, let alone any other vaccine as they were wiped out of me that summer. So I found out quite a bit about all of this with my oncology team back then, and what exactly do the Covid shots do in regards to me when I did eventually got it well over a year later in later 2022.

We also had some good talks about masks. My main Dr. agreed that the n95 masks were the best ones for my situation, and anyone in general, and very highly recommended when I was out and about. Then after those the next best ones are the regular medical masks, usually blue ones that hospitals and doctor offices had on hand. Handkerchiefs and a cloth over the face were the worst ones and were ineffective. So when it comes to any debate with masks, I will listen to my oncology team who were some of the best in the country if not the world over politicians, talk show hosts, podcasters, and some random statement taken out of context blown into a headline.

So to those out there that wore masks to help curb the spread of covid which they actually did if they are the proper ones, I personally thank you. (key word is curb, as they won't prevent the spread but greatly reduce the chances of it spreading. It's like anything, there is no guarantee to life but we can help making it to a ripe old age by playing the best odds for anything we do from safe driving to healthy eating to not standing on 3 chairs stacked up to get that top shelf in the garage)
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Democrats going to push masks and vaccines again? - Millhouse - 08-31-2023, 10:49 PM