Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries
(09-01-2023, 12:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Geezus. Have you ever read the nutritional value of shit we buy and the ingredients? Looks more like a hazardous materials table than ingredients. Would love an overhaul of the FDA. Just another crooked arm of the government.

Americans like stuff that is bad for them, sure the FDA could regulate companies and hold them to higher standards, but we hate that, too.

Some recent sciency thing said 3+ alcoholic beverages per week increases risk of cancer and heart disease and other stuff that totally sucks for you, and Ted Cruz responded by making a video and saying that Joe Biden is telling you to drink 2 beers or less per week and he can kiss my ass *swigs beer* The american public reminds me of my buddy's 4 year old son. The second you tell him to not do something, it becomes his sole mission in life to do it. I don't even get mad, the kid just can't help it, just like his ol' man couldn't back in the day. You just have to blame it on yourself for saying "please don't" and then making him do it.

Anyways, I may be giving too much credence to the naysayers, but any time you talk health or prevention or corporations filling stuff with chemicals it just leads to cries of commie censorship.  Asking the FDA to step in and make companies take a loss to not kill us isn't going to fly with lots of folks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries - Nately120 - 09-01-2023, 01:53 PM