Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many players are actually important out of 53?
(08-30-2023, 09:38 PM)Housh Wrote: We are all diehards if we took the time to make an account here so i won’t draw out the question.

How many of the 53 roster spots actually matter? Obviously 22.

So 53-22=31. At LEAST another 11 are important rotational guys.

So 31-11=20. You get 7 draft picks a year so let’s just say you rock as a scout and all 7 of your draft picks are important.

So 20-7=13

How many of these 13 spots actually matter?

I’m of the opinion that EVERY single spot matters.

I go into every season thinking ALL 53 players will have at least 1 nexus event that will lead to a win or a loss.

So if you see me on here caring a little too much about the last roster spots that is why. Lol

I think you can just look at the snap count percentages to see important ones.

14 players last year had 25% or more offensive snaps.
16 players last year had 25% or more defensive snaps.
And then the LS, P, and K obviously.

I'd say out of the backups, TE2, RB2, WR4 are valuable on offense. Those guys will get rotated in based on the play call.
For defense, you're looking at a pretty heavy rotation of 8 DL, although backup NT barely made the cut. It's primarily 4 DEs, 3 DTs getting used.
Not really a bunch of 3-LB sets, so I wouldn't say LB3, but I could see someone arguing it's used "enough" to count it.
Bengals really haven't used many 3-safety looks, so I won't say SAF3 right now, but it might be if they tried to use that look more.
CB4 is definitely important since there's almost always some CB injury going on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many players are actually important out of 53? - ochocincos - 09-01-2023, 02:10 PM