Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries
(09-01-2023, 06:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: One of the crazy things over here is that in the last few years it seems there has been a push to make it almost political incorrect to shame overweight people, and even some commercials celebrates it. I think it was Bill Mahr that said how many obese 80 year olds do you ever see or hear about?

You should watch My 600 Lb life if you think this country is too kind to fat people.  From what I can tell the movement of fat positivity is headed up by a few grifters (go figure) and a bunch of people who are too young to realize their rapidly diminishing youth is the sole reason they aren't feeling the effects of being overweight yet.  It's similar to people I knew who smoked when they were teenagers and they felt fine.  Now?  Well, they sound like they are 80 and have lungs full of butter that they just can't expel.  

Side note, I realized there are two Simpsons jokes where Bart and Lisa imagine themselves being obese and they each have southern/hick accents that magically appeared...awesome.  I know neither apply to modern times, but I just love this clip.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries - Nately120 - 09-01-2023, 06:50 PM