Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Joe Burrow is Tony Romo with elite fundamentals and the clutch gene
(09-01-2023, 08:30 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: For modern QBs, Burrow has a similar playstyle to a guy like Ryan Tannehill. Average arms, with strong accuracy and sufficient mobility to extend plays or hurt you occasionally. Burrow is much more likely to take off and run than Romo was, but that is also partly due to necessity. He had a pre-draft comparison of Kurt Warner, but Warner wasn't as mobile as Burrow is. Baker Mayfield is another guy who profiles similar to Burrow in athleticism but has a little more arm strength than Burrow does. In my opinion, Tannehill is the best comparison for guys currently in the league. It starts getting murkier the further back you go because QBs weren't as likely to fall in this mid-range of mobility like Burrow is.

Yep. My very first view of Burrow during the 2019 college season was "I'm not sure he's a #1 overall pick, he looks a lot like Tannehill to me."

Once I saw him in the SEC championship and playoffs I chugged the kool-aid.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow is Tony Romo with elite fundamentals and the clutch gene - JaggedJimmyJay - 09-01-2023, 08:38 PM