Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries
(09-01-2023, 08:54 PM)Dill Wrote: Well according to the data you gave me, the U.S. is 12th.

I was just going by the eye test. I lived in England and Germany and didn't notice a whit of difference between them and Americans.
Maybe our youth are fatter? 

Guess that's why we rely on data, though.

Jordan is right below the U.S. That's also a head scratcher. Would have never guessed.

I lived in Germany as well and the Germans love their beer and sausage. They take pride in their food because it's darn good. I went to Spain for a week, and they have (or had, not sure if they still do) a Wimpy's hamburger chain. Much like McDonalds. It was never packed and it was easy to get a burger without waiting in line. But Spain food is awesome in the real country. I had a pizza for breakfast (not breakfast pizza, real pizza) with a over easy egg on the center and it was amazing. You pulled a slice and ate the regular pizza and dipped your crust into the yolk. Good Lord! It's been over 30 yrs since then so I can't remember everything I ate there, but I didn't eat anything that wasn't over-the-top delicious.

In Frankfurt Red-Light district (yeah, we were there a few times) there was one hellova Gyros station. He had like a 8ft by 6ft cubby in the side of the building he sold his Gyros out of. You watched him slice it off the lamb before he put it in your sandwich. Again, Good Lord. Amazing.

Our kids are fat because their lazy and were raised by video games and fast food. TV dinners, pizza rolls, chips and as much soda as they can handle. Not all, but you know who they are when you Don't see them walking down the street or playing outside.

Sometimes I see people posting pictures of their kids on FB and every now and then there will be a seriously obese child. First thing that comes to mind is it's the parents/grandparents fault. That's child abuse. Kid's are a product of their environment. America needs to stop screwing up their kids. We need to make better decisions when it comes to raising kids.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries - HarleyDog - 09-01-2023, 09:19 PM