Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Joe Burrow is Tony Romo with elite fundamentals and the clutch gene
(09-02-2023, 01:16 AM)Housh Wrote: Someone got the count on how many games he threw the go ahead TD in and the D couldnt keep teams off the board to end it?

From what I remember Burrow is insanely clutch

Looking at playoffs:

Against KC last year we went INT and Punt on our last 2 possessions and lost

Against Baltimore we went Punt, Punt, Punt to close out the game with our defense scoring a TD and getting numerous stops to not let Baltimore tie it. 

Against the Rams we went Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt, TO on downs to close out the game and lost. 

Against KC we had a TD after the defense forced an Int (only need 27 yards), Int, FG, and FG to win in OT after the defense forced another Int. Clutch game.

Against Tennessee we went Punt, INT, Punt, Punt, eventual game winning FG after the defense intercepted Tenn. The offense did get 19 yards to get us in FG range. 

Against the Raiders we went Punt, FG, Punt to on offense with the defense making an INT to win the game. 

The only clutch games in that bunch are the KC game and maybe Tenn. All the others the offense struggled to put the game away or failed. Obviously a ton of this comes down to the Oline like I said before. But I think people ignore how good our defense has played in the playoffs which is a huge part of why we've been so successful, not the offense.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow is Tony Romo with elite fundamentals and the clutch gene - TheFan - 09-02-2023, 01:52 AM