Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries
(09-02-2023, 03:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you honestly don't see how including them in any rankings of the world when 1 or 2 people can have the same statistical weight as hundreds of thousands is a problem, then you are being willfully ignorant.

Well I understand your points about "sample size," but I am not being "willfully ignorant."

I am just recognizing the goal of the study might be to include each and every sovereign nation in the world.

And I can see why those interested in global health data might want that information. They would likely regard
it as a starting point for study of obesity or genetics or other possibilities. And given those goals they might
think it a significant loss if "little countries" were not included. They would not likely regard the inclusion of micro-nations
as a great set up for pissing matches on U.S. message boards, though. Nor would the people who gathered the data.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries - Dill - 09-02-2023, 04:04 PM