Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries
(09-02-2023, 04:04 PM)Dill Wrote: Well I understand your points about "sample size," but I am not being "willfully ignorant."

I am just recognizing the goal of the study might be to include each and every sovereign nation in the world.

And I can see why those interested in global health data might want that information. They would likely regard
it as a starting point for study of obesity or genetics or other possibilities. And given those goals they might
think it a significant loss if "little countries" were not included.
They would not likely regard the inclusion of micro-nations
as a great set up for pissing matches on U.S. message boards, though. Nor would the people who gathered the data.

Got it, so you've now turned this into you standing up for the little guy rather than just you being pedantic by refusing to acknowledge that talking about something on the scale of the entire planet, maybe including groups of 10,000 people (or even a group of 1,935 people) is not productive towards getting an actual picture of the situation.

1 person getting murdered in Niue means Niue is the most dangerous country on the planet even if 165,000 people get murdered in the US, because we aren't working with brains that accept reason, nuance, or scale. Got it.

Man, it is shocking how quickly I get reminded why PnR sucks. No wonder it's turned into the cesspit of non-conversation it is.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is life expectancy way lower in the US than the other civilized countries - TheLeonardLeap - 09-02-2023, 05:07 PM